The Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) programme has been designed to create awareness about Poverty, Global injustice and Environmental issues. Moreover, the course encourage participants to be more conscious of their actions. As well as helping them to have a critical understanding of the connections between local and global.
The programme consists of 6 sessions that explore different development topics. In addition to that we use interactive learning techniques to engage students in our activities. Thus our main topics of the sessions are next:
- Connection between Poverty, Inequality and Exploitation of Natural Resources;
- The imbalances in the world on different levels;
- Understanding of the relations between local and global communities;
- Promotion of sustainability that helps economy and society;
- Show impact of resources management on a social and environmental levels;
- Highlight the potential impact of personal behaviour upon the lives of others.
Apart from schools, Tools for Solidarity helps youth clubs, women centres, businesses and other. To read more about our sessions, please visit our website or contact us. We are happy to partnership with new schools and centres.
If you want to find more information about the educational programme for schools in Belfast, visit our ESD website.